Geriatric Medicine Focus:
Pre-Rotation Information: CONJ-694
CONJ 694 VAMC – Geriatrics Unit
It is necessary for you to inform the VA if you have been there before as a student, and if so, whether your ID badge is current. If it is, please fax a copy of your badge to Micah Backer at (206) 768-5309.
If you HAVE been to the VA within the past 60 days (starting from the first day of the rotation) and have a current PIV badge, prior to the beginning of the rotation, please complete the following:
- Contact Micah Backer at Micah.Backer@va.gov with your SSN.
- Declaration of Federal Employment Form 306. Complete form and fax to (206) 768-5309, attn: Micah Backer.
If you have NOT been to the VA in the past year (starting from the first day of the rotation) or do not have a current PIV badge, please complete the following steps/forms and contact Micah Backer at Micah.Backer@va.gov.
- Complete the VA Web-Based Mandatory Training.
The training will require you to create a user account. Instructions for doing so are available here. This training needs to be done before your fingerprinting can be scheduled.
You will need the following 3 certificates:
1. VA Privacy and Information Security Awareness and Rules of Behavior FY11
2. VHA Mandatory Training for Trainees
- Fax the following applications and your resume/cv to (206) 768-5309, attn: Micah Backer. Please submit at least 5 weeks in advance of your rotation.
- Schedule a fingerprint and badging appointment at www.va-piv.com. (Instructions) You will need to be fingerprinted at a federal facility no more than 120 days and no less than 2 business days prior to your badge appointment. There may be a 3-week wait list for appointments, so schedule this as soon as possible. It is very important to keep your fingerprinting and badging appointments as rescheduling is difficult. Your applicant type (p. 37) is "Affiliate."
You will need to bring 2 forms of ID with you on your first day. Information on the proper forms of ID can be found in the Required ID document.