Chronic Pain Focus:
Chronic Pain Track Expectations:
All students are expected to:
- Review neurological and orthopedic standard clinical examinations (especially motor and sensory dermatomes) prior to first clinic session.
- Review during the course of the month all assigned lectures, articles and presentations.
- Be familiar with Washington State Agency Medical Directors (AMDG) Guidelines. (http://www.agencymeddirectors.wa.gov/opioiddosing.asp) and be capable of using/downloading the Opioid Dose Calculator from this site.
- Attend all required sessions, on time, prepared, and well rested each day wearing UW SOM name tag and appropriate professional attire (white-coat preferred).
- Learn and engage with the full range of clinical pain problems and multidisciplinary approaches to diagnose and manage chronic pain available during this month.