Please go to the WRITE Chronic Care Catalyst site for full description of the assignments: https://catalyst.uw.edu/workspace/tejewell/41860/298098
- Watch and respond to video curriculum (4 sessions) on good/better approaches to delivering bad news. Review with preceptor.
- ADL assessment (review with preceptor)
- Evaluate a patient in a Skilled Nursing Facility or inpatient rehab
- Write-up of therapist observation/interview
- Participate in Telepain conference
- Project for Online Geriatric Education (POGO-E): complete the following sessions:
Home visit write-up
Home visit presentation
Required for Honors grade: Reflective paper on hospice/palliative care patient
- Urinary Concerns in Older Men (Mr. Thompson)
- Medication Management in Elders: Anticoagulants (Mrs. Platt)
- Atypical Presentation of Urinary Tract Infection (Mrs. Ianucci)
- Behavioral and Psychiatric Symptoms of Dementia (Mrs. Williams-Owens)
- Depression (Mr. Rodriguez) OR Pressure Ulcers (Mrs. Jones)
- “Rehab Manual” Ch. 1-2
- “The Geriatrician in the Nursing Home.”
- "Assessment and management of the geriatric patient"
- "Management of falls in older persons"
For more details and to submit/track clinical activities, please go to the WRITE Chronic Care Catalyst site.